Office & Operations Manager
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per Seeds Salary Scale O
Seeds of Africa is seeking an energetic and motivated candidate to fill the position of Operations Manager. The primary function of this role is to strengthen the effectiveness of our daily and long-term operations through the provision of administrative, information and communication management support.
The responsibilities of the role are varied and require the ability to operate effectively within a small and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about social justice, a self-starter and an excellent problem solver, has prior experience working in a non-profit environment, and wants to apply their skills to a thriving education and community development organization.
- Bachelor/MA in Business Administration, Sociology, Leadership and related fields.
- 3-4 year experience for BA holders and 1-2 years for MA holders as an Office Administrator or Coordinator. NGO Management experience preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with nonprofit administration and management
- Human Resources management
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to exercise high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for our mission
- Work daily with the Country Director to leverage time, productivity and efficiency of program operations
- Take leading role on direct team management and day to day school-related activities
- Act as liaison between Director and Management Team.
- Screen all internal and external correspondence.
- Assist in general administrative office coverage and tasks.
- Manage, gather and maintain documents that are necessary to ensure compliance with non-profit business regulations
- Prepare annual reports and program documents
- Work collaboratively with the Seeds of Africa team to drive the overall success of all programs
- Work on special projects and other duties as needed.
- Controlling the day to day activities.
- Developing and implementing guidelines for employee evaluations, recruitment and promotion
- Collaborating with leadership to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability.
- Controlling the quality of the service delivery.
- Renewing the contract of the employees periodically.
- Arranging training sessions for the staff as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with detail CV written in English and supportive documents via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, up to April 30, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title in the subject line of your email. For those who want to apply physical our office is located in Adama city, bole sub city, from Geda resort on the way to Adama University.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!